A while back, Melissa posted another fun little meme on her blog – quotes from her favourite movies. I thought it was a lot of fun but put off doing it because I didn’t think I could narrow it down to 10. But after catching one of my favourites today on TV (the #1 quote actually), I had to try. I probably could have gone on & on but these are films I will always watch if they happen to be on TV. Can you guess them?
(Note: #10 is actually from my favourite TV show, the most brilliantly written show ever and that particular quote is probably one of my favourite pieces of dialouge so I had to put it in.)
Stacey’s Favourite Movies
(no particular order)
- “no because to call you stupid would be an insult to stupid people!”
- “I suppose it’s fun having a film star staying but there’s always so little to talk about after the first flush of recognition.”
- “Neither of us have anything to tell. I because I conceal nothing and you because you communicate nothing.”
- “Is that a rabbit in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?”
- “I had rather hear my dog bark at a crow than a man swear he loves me.”
- “I haven’t the time. I’m much too busy seeing that you don’t lose any of the money I married you for.”
- “If you only understood what a man suffers when he takes a last look at his wife and children. And watches their boat while it’s in sight and says, ‘God knows whether we will ever meet again.'”
- “I am the shadow on the moon at night / Filling your dreams to the brim with fright”
- “A compliment for us, is a compliment for you.”
- “Past hope. Past kindness or consideration. Past justice. Past satisfaction. Past warmth or cold or comfort. Past love. But past surprise? What an endlessly unfolding tedium life would then become.”
Have fun! We’ve been hiding out in the theatre this weekend – today was Batman (brilliant, but it breaks my heart to watch Heath Ledger – he was amazing), tomorrow will be Hellboy and maybe another if the weather doesn’t break!
At least I get to knit – another new sock on the needles!