First of all, thanks so much for all the comments on my Tomato – I’m so pleased with it & glad others liked it too. I wore it Sunday to work & I even got the comment all knitters want to hear – “I love that sweater – where did you get it?” I’m planning on wearing it tomorrow for birthday fun.
Rasa tagged me for the 7 weird thing meme that’s going around…I think every blog I read has either done it or at least mentioned it. And I don’t think I’m all that weird, but I do like reading these things. Plus I have little to blog about right now, and I have some time to kill. I’m going out to see The Black Angels tonight – the last thing I feel like doing is going out (hello allergy season!) but I’ve been flaking on this friend a lot lately and she really wanted to go.
Okay, 7 things:
- I have this thing about toothbrushes – I hate them. Of course I use them, but I hate the thought of touching the bristles or worse, accidently biting them. Send shivers down me, like nails on a chalkboard. I cannot explain it.
- I love Neil Diamond. I always have, but it was always my secret guilty pleasure Now I will admit it to anyone. In fact, the first time I remember chatting with CoffeeBoy, it was about Neil Diamond. (He loves him too)
- My father’s nickname for me was “Super”. He always called me that, starting from when I was 6 until he died when I was 28. It still makes me smile.
- I have had the same car since 1991 – a blue Ford Festiva. A friend called it “The Pregnant Rollerskate”. It does sort of look like that, but it still runs.
- I tend to keep jobs for a very long time – I worked at McDs for 4 years, Musicland for 5 & my current job I’ve had for nearly 9 years. It looks like I’m loyal but really I hate looking for jobs.
- I tell everyone I hate reality shows but I never miss Survivor (at least for the last 2 seasons) or The Amazing Race (though it has gotten annoying.) I have never watched American Idol or any of the other super popular ones.
- On of my favourite comfort foods is a grilled cheese sandwhich with Doritos in it.
So that’s it. Not very weird I’m afraid.
I hardly ever take WIP pictures, but here’s one of the socks I’m working on…I had hoped to have them finished by tomorrow but that’s not going to happen
I love these colours – they’re so happy!
It’s Cascade Fixation…but I seem to have misplaced the ballband.
Hee, I had to add this – I had to try it after seeing it on Katydid Knits:
[noun]:A person of questionable sanity who starts their own cult
I’ll take it.